Sunday 27 March 2016

Beauty Review: NYX Lip Lingerie

Hey guys

So for today's post, I'm going to be reviewing a new purchase of mine, the NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks.

Thanks to Kylie Jenner liquid lipsticks are everywhere, with more and more brands releasing their versions of this latest lip trend. As much as I would love to try out one of the Kylie Lip Kits to see if she really does know what she's talking about when it comes to lip enhancing products, it seems they're like gold dust to try and get hold of.

So instead I picked up two shades of the new NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks from Boots for £6.50 each, which I think is a huge bargain. The Lip Lingeries come in 12 nude shades, ranging from pale pinks to deep browns - there's definitely a shade to fit everyone's 'perfect nude'. However, I would say that I think the majority of the shades are probably more suited to those with lighter skin and there aren't as many shades that would suit darker skin tones.


Image from brokeandbeautiful.com


I decided on the shades 'Bedtime Flirt' and 'Embellishment' - 'Bedtime Flirt' is more of a traditional deep nude with a pink/red undertone (think Mac 'Whirl') and 'Embellishment' is a muted, dusty purple.


Left: 'Embellishment'. Right: 'Bedtime Flirt'.

They have a really creamy consistency and dry with velvety matte finish - the classic Kylie Jenner look if that's what you're after! I find them to be quick drying and really long lasting without making my lips feel dried out and flaky. My lips don't feel tacky after I've applied it and the staying power is pretty impressive, even with eating and drinking I rarely need to re-apply. The formula is like a thin mousse so you will need to apply more than one coat to get a perfect colour finish.

Compared to other liquid lipsticks I've tried in the past these definitely come out on top and have added to my increasing love for the NYX brand and their products - I haven't tried a product from them so far that I didn't like!

Do you have any other liquid lipstick recommendations? Have you tried out any other products from NYX?

Until next time.

Jade x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© Jade Danielle Banks. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig