Friday 18 March 2016

Home Decor Inspiration

Hey welcome back!

Today's post is about my new obsession... home decor. 

Myself and Dave are currently in the process of buying our first house which means that over the last few months my Instagram and Pinterest feeds have started to become filled with home decor ideas where they were once filled with fashion and beauty images. Street style posts have been replaced by wallpaper and paint colours, and handbags and shoes have been replaced by cushions and rugs... this is what my life has become and I like it! 

Creating boards on Pinterest is possibly my new favourite pastime; I have one for every room in my new house! It's a great way to pull all sorts of different ideas from different sources together to get a unique collection of inspiration.... I know I don't need to explain how Pinterest works and why it's so bloody addictive so I thought I'd get straight in and share a couple of mood boards of ideas that I'm loving at the minute for my potential new home.

The Kitchen 
Like most people, I'm on the copper hype... Can't get enough of the stuff. If it was up to me I'd have it in every room in the house but I don't think I'll get away with that. I've chosen to pair it with rich blue tones as I think that the clashing colours actually compliment each other strangely enough. I think it will work pretty well in the kitchen as it's quite a light, neutral backdrop to really let the copper and blue accessories pop. 


The Lounge
We already have brown leather sofas in our lounge and I've traditionally stuck to neutral colours to compliment them which I'll continue with in the new house but I want to add in a few touches of colour and some patterns to add some interest. The new lounge has wooden flooring so I'm defintiely keen to add a shaggy rug and some nice throws/cushions to make it feel more cozy. 

As I sad, we're still in the process of buying the house so we've still got a few weeks to go before it's (hopefully) ours so I've still got plenty of time to complete boards for the rest of the rooms in the house!

As always, comments and questions are welcome! 

Until next time,

Jade x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© Jade Danielle Banks. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig