Monday 7 March 2016

Intro & Random Facts About Me

Hi and welcome to my first blog post - eek!  

I struggled to decide what should be my first post on here and decided that I should probably let you get to know me a bit better (I've written a brief introduction to me and my blog on the 'About Me' page so check that out) and as I'm about to turn 25 in April, I thought I'd give you 25 random facts about me. 

I won't bore you with a long intro, so let's get straight into the juicy stuff...
*disclaimer* it's not actually juicy at all but here goes... 

1. My full name is Jade Danielle Banks - if you hadn't already gathered from the title...
2. I'm originally from Derby but I currently live in a little town in Leicestershire. 
3. I have a half-brother, half-sister and two step brothers.
4. I'm naturally dark blonde but I have been various different hair colours over the years including: red, ombre and platinum blonde but I'm currently on the silver/grey hair bandwagon.
5. I love travelling... I've been lucky to have been on some pretty cool trips in my life incuding my recent trip to Thailand over Christmas.
6. I went to Nottingham Trent University where I studied Media & Creative Industries and I got a first... I'm a bit of a secret geek.
7. I met my boyfriend Dave at university and we are now in the process of buying our first house together.
8. I have two tattoos.
9. I am petrified of spiders... as in 'if it comes anywhere near me I'm going to need to breath into a paper bag' petrified of spiders.
10. I'm generally talentless - I can't play any musical instruments, play any sports, draw, sing...
11. This isn't my first blog; I used to write one whilst at university
12. I get anxiety about being late, disorganisation and unexpected changes
13. I don't really have a favourite colour but if I could only wear one colour for the rest of my life it would probably be black - original, I know.
14. I'm a big cat lover and I've been promised a new kitten when we move house... be prepared for many future crazy cat lady posts.
15. My most prized fashion piece would be my Mulberry handbag which I saved up for and bought myself when I was 19.
16. My favourite flowers are peonies which came from my obsession with Gossip Girl - if you watched it you'll know what I mean!
17. I can't ride a bike - yes I know that's weird.
18. I spent over 3 months in Australia after I graduated university
19. Which is where I did a skydive
20. And a bungee jump
21. And snorkelled on the Great Barrier Reef (yes, that was probably cheating with those last few but I was starting to struggle!)
22. I had an adult brace last year (cringe!) but it was worth it to get my teeth straightened.
23. My favourite blogger is Samantha Maria (www.samanthamariaofficial.com) - she has amazing style and her posts/videos are funny and relatable. I've also got to shout out one of my best pals Jenn from Cordelia Hearts (www.cordeliahearts.blogspot.co.uk) who is a fab blogger from Nottingham and is basically my twin - we have the same taste and can pretty much read each other minds.
24. Top of my wish list would be a pair of designer heels... some classic Louboutins or the Valentino Rockstuds would be a DREAM.
25. I'm planning on enrolling on a make-up artistry course at the end of the year so watch this space! 

Well I hope that was somewhat interesting to read and you've gotten to know me a bit better. Please ask me questions, comment or let me know something about you.

Until next time,

Jade x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yessss pal! Not only excited to read your first post - but also excited to be your first comment! Woop!
    Loved reading these, although I knew them all... I would like to add one 26) Top pal with bangin' brows.
    And HELLO to the shout out - that was an unexpected little treat!
    Looking forward to reading more J.D.B! <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
© Jade Danielle Banks. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig